Logo

Starter Rebuild Kit Chrysler 318

ericinga

Looking for a starter repair / rebuild kit for a 1976 Chrysler 318. The current starter is an Arco model 50109. Based on a few internet searches, the typical starter is an OSGR style.

Any help is appreciated.

Eric

You might have to adapt readily available brushes for other starters.

Try looking for alternator/ starter rebuilders in your area.

Jeff

Hey Eric,

I have this starter brush set, insulators and stud left over from my Prestolite MDT-7021 and 7022 starters that I've rebuilt. I also have a 318 so I'm willing to bet that these will work in your starter. If you need more I can contact the rebuild shop where I purchased these and get back with you. Let me know I'll give you these for nothing.

Russ

starter rebuild kit.jpg

Hi Russ,
I am looking for a starter rebuild kit for a 318 CW rotation. Not found one yet, wondering if I could get one from your shop?

Hi Russ,
I am looking for a starter rebuild kit for a 318 CW rotation. Not found one yet, wondering if I could get one from your shop?

I'll look and see if I still have the kit you need. In the mean time could you send me the P/N of your starter? Thanks

Russ

Just changing the changeable parts does not mean the starter is 'like new'. A good rebuilder will rewire the fields as well.

Jeff

Hello,
I just wanted to jump in on this...
I have a 318 with a reverse rotation (counterclockwise engine) in a 1979 silverton.
I think my starter just crapped out. It wont crank over and gets very hot. The batteries are good. Had them bench tested and they checked out fine..
I am just wondering if I replaced my ARCO starter 2095509 (9 tooth counterclockwise) , would i replace it with the new IMI starter?
does anybody know what is a good one or the right part number, I have been doing some searching and i think it is part LM318B, Could somebody double check that for me?
And Ricardo, I did not forget about you I still owe you a tshirt, can you please PM me your address again so I can get that out to you?
Thanks all,
Eric

Back