Logo

Yamaha 115 2 stoke won't start

Renier

Hi, im new to this form. Im struggling to find a manual to set my carberator float level. All the carberator that i find dont match mine. Mine only have one float on the dublle carberator, not like the others that have 2 floats. I have cleaned the carbs because boat was riding rough, and now the motor does noet want to start, new plugs, new fuel filters, disconnected the fuel pump and it does pump, primer bulb gets hard when pumping, new fuel mixed 50:1. If i spray quick start the motor start but dies after a second. Spark is also good on all the plugs. So i think this n as fueling issue. I finded on the carberator that the jet that sits in die middle of the carb bowl was completely loose.

Hallo. The number on the plate is 400371. Can it be that the fuel pump is not strong enough? Its hard to find parts as i am in south africa

There is more than just the numbers. Should be a few letters and numbers that precede the numbers.

There should also be a model identity.

Last edited:

Yes. That carburetor is the same as mine. If set the float level to the bowl. The motor starts but dies after a few seconds. Im going to use my other boats fuel lank and fuel line with the primer bulb. Otherwise i tink it must be te fuel pump

If primer bulb is used to fill carburetor bowls then motor will run for " more than a few seconds " after start-up.----So that eliminates fuel pump.-----Or have your assistant operate the manual pump during and after motor starts as a test.

Back