Logo

What's with all the SPAM lately

04fxdwgi

Regular Contributor
Seems like alot of spammers getting on here as late hawking phones and miracle "knee" treatments and such.
Just another annoyance that we don't need or want that will never get a dime of my money...............

Ayuh,... It happens alot,...
When ya run across it, click on the report icon, lower portside, 'n tell Andrew about it...
It'll get deleted in no time...

Thanks for the heads up. I just deleted a bunch of them. As bondo mentions, if you click on the "report icon" (the little triangle with the "!" mark") it will alert us and we will delete them and ban the offending spammer.

We could prevent more of it by making the registration process a little tougher, but that would cause more valid users to have a harder time registering.

f them all

Oooooops i say that ?

Andrew lets us post but please if your a spammer go over to the I site they like your there.

Here we are about helping people with marine motor problems.

Thanks for the heads up. I just deleted a bunch of them. As bondo mentions, if you click on the "report icon" (the little triangle with the "!" mark") it will alert us and we will delete them and ban the offending spammer.

We could prevent more of it by making the registration process a little tougher, but that would cause more valid users to have a harder time registering.

Andrew,
Thanx for the quick reply. Yes, I did click on the "!" flag and report it when I saw it. And, you have a great site here.

PS: I don't think the legit users would mind one iotta to go thru a couple of extra steps to register if it kept the spammers (scum sucking bottom feeders) off the forums. Just MHO......

PSS: Hey Chief, good to see you again....:cool:

Back