fastjeff
Gold Medal Contributor
You might try this (since you're out of options): Back OFF the timing about 4 degrees (thanks to the crappy gas we're stuck with).
Here's why I say this: Just recently I torched my beloved triple that was timed at the "correct" setting of 23 degrees. Massive pre-ignition coated two pistons with aluminum--nasty.
Unlike previous runnings, it bogged lkike crazy on plane off since I was running a BIG prop for the first time. (Before, it cavitated like crazy, getting the rpms up into the power band and running 6,500 rpms atfull speed.)
With that big prop I had to sit on the bow to get it to plane off, as it bogged like crazy, and the rpms barely made 5,300 at WOT. (Befoe it screamed to 6,500 effortlessly with its smaller prop.) My point is, I GOT AWAY with runnign 23 degrees before because the motor never labored.)
Worth a try?
Jeff
Here's why I say this: Just recently I torched my beloved triple that was timed at the "correct" setting of 23 degrees. Massive pre-ignition coated two pistons with aluminum--nasty.
Unlike previous runnings, it bogged lkike crazy on plane off since I was running a BIG prop for the first time. (Before, it cavitated like crazy, getting the rpms up into the power band and running 6,500 rpms atfull speed.)
With that big prop I had to sit on the bow to get it to plane off, as it bogged like crazy, and the rpms barely made 5,300 at WOT. (Befoe it screamed to 6,500 effortlessly with its smaller prop.) My point is, I GOT AWAY with runnign 23 degrees before because the motor never labored.)
Worth a try?
Jeff
Last edited:

