Hey y'all,
I've got a '99 Yamaha SSII 175hp and she won't go into gear. Cranked right up at the ramp, but just wouldn't engage. Popped the cover and tried again. The actuator was moving back and forth with the throttle/shifter, but would not engage the prop. Popped her in neutral and the actuator did not engage and she throttled up and back as she should have. I'm certainly no marine mechanic, but if anyone else has had a similar issue I would sure appreciate any input. Post up here or send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks alot
Dan Tobias
I've got a '99 Yamaha SSII 175hp and she won't go into gear. Cranked right up at the ramp, but just wouldn't engage. Popped the cover and tried again. The actuator was moving back and forth with the throttle/shifter, but would not engage the prop. Popped her in neutral and the actuator did not engage and she throttled up and back as she should have. I'm certainly no marine mechanic, but if anyone else has had a similar issue I would sure appreciate any input. Post up here or send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks alot
Dan Tobias

