Alright... Im semi mechanically inclined and a bit stumped... I purchased a boat a month ago.. Its a 1978 baja with a 140 mercruiser engine. When I first got it I changed oil, gear oil, plugs, wires and cap. Took it in the water and seemed lag a bit but eventually got the rpms up enough to plane. Once on plane it ran quick and smooth.... Towards the end of the day it would not plane at all and would only stay at around 1700 RPMS. I was in the Fox river and was too eager to drive without thinking about how shallow the river was. Immediately figured it was my prop. Sure enough when i pulled it out the prop was eaten up badly. Changed the prop and put it back in the water and its still not planing. Rev stays at around 1700 rpms.
Couple notes that may help...
1. Im running the old gas the guy had in it (it did plane with the old gas)
2. Carb filter looks to have a decent amount of oil soot
3. Missing the overflow line that goes into filter (overflow line on carb seems to be non functional/clogged but note it still plained!!!!)
4. Boat has full rpm when out of water and plugged to the hoes
5. But when in drive and tilted all the way down sounds fine no noises but when up is noticably louder
6. When boats in the water in reverse rpms go up as they should...
Did I..........
Bend the props shaft?
Is the carb in need of cleaning?
PLEEAAASE HELP IM GONNA CRYY!!!
Couple notes that may help...
1. Im running the old gas the guy had in it (it did plane with the old gas)
2. Carb filter looks to have a decent amount of oil soot
3. Missing the overflow line that goes into filter (overflow line on carb seems to be non functional/clogged but note it still plained!!!!)
4. Boat has full rpm when out of water and plugged to the hoes
5. But when in drive and tilted all the way down sounds fine no noises but when up is noticably louder
6. When boats in the water in reverse rpms go up as they should...
Did I..........
Bend the props shaft?
Is the carb in need of cleaning?
PLEEAAASE HELP IM GONNA CRYY!!!

