Logo

Go slow summer bummer 1995 5.7

Boatinbill

New member
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and hope that some of you have some knowledge to share.* I have a '95 Searay with 5.7 bravo efi that has less then 200 hrs on it and is very clean.* I bought it*last spring and it ran great all summer, untill we got water in the fuel.* Ended up having to replace an injector.* This summer started fine or so I thought.* The first couple of times out the water was to rough to open her up.* The next time out was smooth as glass and I was gonna let her go.* Nope!* at about 3200rpm she would drop out.* Felt like the water in the fuel situation from the previouse year.*
*
Sorry this is getting wordy.* I'll shortin' it up.* We just got back from Lake Roosevelt and the boat would run good enough for pullin the kids on the tube but would drop off at about 3000rpm.* A new symptom we discovered was that if we stopped for a while to swim and the started her up to leave she would cut out just above idle. (scarry) We let her idle in gear for 5-10 minutes and then she would get up to about 3000Rpm again.* So I'm thinking it might be heat related.* hot injector pump, vapor lock???
*
I have check all fuel related issues except the fuel pump pressure and the injector pump housing stuff.(filter, injectors, pickup tube, antisyphon valve all done).* I also replaced the cap, rotor, wires, ingnition module, igniton coil,* checked the knock sensor by disconnecting underway. no help.
*
Any Ideas would be great.* And, I have a Service Manual on the way.
Thanks
 
Back
Top