Logo

chrysler 300ha shimming gauges

lpearce

New member
Hi everyone, I have a Chrysler 300ha stern leg that I am currently rebuilding.....Or at least trying too. It is Proving very hard to get parts for and nobody over here really knows anything about them.. And/Or dont want to know about them....lol.....Im sure everyone knows what i mean.
I have had a new lower case and a few other parts sent over from Dave at hurricane marine (thanks Dave) But now i have run into the problem of setting up and shimming the leg. I dont have, and possibly cant get any shimming gauges so what to do??? How do you folk that have, and are rebuilding these things get around this?
 
Yeah you would think so wouldn't you..... Not great at getting back to people some times. Kind of pissed off about it really because I asked if there may be anything else i may require to do this rebuild before i started it as i live on the other side of the world to him and wanted to get everything i could in one order. Not to mention the fact that all the parts he sold me cost a couple of grand by the time they were landed here and they may all be useless if i cant shim this thing and set it up properly...last thing i need is to put it back together and have it blow up on me.....was quick to sell me the parts without telling me that i may not be able to get the required tools to do the job anymore...
 
I hate to say it but join the crowd....!!!

Unfortunately no one....and I mean NO ONE alive today has any clue how to or would ever try to work on these. What are you try to shim exactly....You have the manual right...???
 
Back
Top