Logo

1965 Evinrude 95 HP

tom

Regular Contributor
" I have a Evinrude Sportwin.

" I have a Evinrude Sportwin. I have a manual for it, but I cannot find some information.

I am look for the current spark plug numbers, fuel ratio and crankcase oil.

Thank you for any help.

Tom "

"Tom.... Mixture is 50/1. S/Pl

"Tom.... Mixture is 50/1. S/Plugs are Champion J4C or J6C (Some older models run better with the alternative J6C plug). The gearcase oil (not crankcase) is HiVis (80/90w).

Joe
"

I need help with what I shoul

I need help with what I should do to get my 1968 nine horse Johnson. It ran very well and then set for two years. I took the 4 bolts apart at the carburator and cleaned out the carburator with caburator cleaner. WHen I try to start it at the first pull it pops loud and rufuses to FIRE UP
on the forth pull in the middle of the PULL it pulls harder. This will not happen when you have the Spark pluggs OUT. Thank you FOR ANY Help?

"David..... The carburetor is

"David..... The carburetor is fouled, gummed, clogged. You cannot clean it as per your attempt. It must be removed, cleaned thoroughly, and rebuilt. If you do not have a manual, I suggest you purchase one to avoid a expensive mistake at:

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/johnson/

NOTE: Go back to the previous page where the various topics/questions are posted. Scroll down to the extreme bottom of that page.

There you will see a large button that is entitled "Start A New Conversation" or something of that nature. Click on that button and you will be able to have your post listed under your own topic which will be inserted at the top of the page.

As it stands, your post is buried under someone elses topic which started at a prior date and/or time.

HINT: Click anywhere on that page whereas the click won't initiate anything, then hit your END key. That'll drop you to the bottom of the page immediately.

Joe
"

Back