Logo

1994 johnson 200 problem

M

matt smith

" I have a 1994 johnson 200 th

" I have a 1994 johnson 200 that each time we go to start it, we have to take out the spark plugs and dry them off because of flooding. It also hardly idles any of the time. we took a look at the carb and the gas in it was almost pure oil. Maybe a problem with the oil injector?? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks "

" It is time to check out the

" It is time to check out the VRO pump.One way to do that is to run on a 50:1 mix and use the primer bulb as a manual fuel pump, bypassing the VRO pump altogether.There are repair kits available for VRO pumps.If it still does not idle properly you should do a compression test and a spark check on each cylinder. These motors also had some problems with the crankshaft sealing rings (more difficult to check out). "

Hey Marty your one of the luc

Hey Marty your one of the lucky few that had the pump fail by providing too much oil. I would by-pass the vro pump altogether and pre-mix the fuel before you end up with a very expensive anchor. (Pump going out and engine eats itself up by oil starvation). Just my opinion David B

Back