Logo

Firing Order in CID 454

C

Calixto Sanchez

" I've got two Pleasure Cr

" I've got two Pleasure Craft, GM CID 454 Gen IV. Starboard engine block is cracked so I took it away. Same day port engine had a werid sound thta happen to be a faulty lifter that I replaced but missed to recall timing information.
This engine moves clockwise looking to the timing gear. There is no information in the intake manifold like in the removed one.
I read about 18436572 firing order. I tried it but it did not work (though it matches cable lenghts). I turned it to 12756438 and it started and worked for several minutes. Trying to tune it with an :lantern" instument failed again
Is it possible for an engine to work with inverse firing order? "

" CALIXTO
IF YOU ARE STANDING

" CALIXTO
IF YOU ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ENGINE AND IT ROTATES TO THE RIGHT(CLOCKWISE), IT A STANDARD ROTATION ENGINE AND THE FIRING ORDER IS 18436572. CHECK YOUR DISTIBUTOR INSTALL. "

" Thanks SMC.
The engine stil

" Thanks SMC.
The engine still started and kept going for around 2 minutes twice.
Is it possible, for an engine to run without the proper timing order? "

CALIXTO

IF THE ENGINE WILL

CALIXTO

IF THE ENGINE WILL RUN FOR TWO MINUTES YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A TIMING LIGHT ON IT AND SET TIMING. ONCE DONE IF IT STILL DIES CHECK THE CHOKE TO ENSURE IF IT OPENS FULLY DURING THIS TWO MINUTES.

NEXT PLACE I'D GO IS TO CHECK THE COIL IT MAY BE OVERHEATING.

YOU COULD ALSO HAVE A PLUGGED EXHAUST. THIS WILL ALLOW THE ENGINE TO RUN FOR ABOUT 2 MIN. DEPENDING ON THE VOLUME OF THE SYSTEM

SMC

Back