Logo

Steady beep when 115 hp Mercury is fired up

C

Chuck Denny

" I just bought this ProCraft

" I just bought this ProCraft bassboat with a 115 hp mercury motor. Before taking to the lake I always start any boat using mickey mouse ears, but I noticed this constand beeping when running. The oil tank is full and water coming out of pee hole in a steady stream. It has gas left in the tank from previous year. The guy I bought it from said to add some octane booster to the fuel and it was "lake ready". Any comments to the cause of the steady beeping. I never received a manual for it and this is the first 4 stroke outboard I have owned. "

What oil tank are you talking

What oil tank are you talking about? The 4-stroke doesn't have an oil tank.The oil is added to the crankcase.

" oops. slipped. it is 2 str

" oops. slipped. it is 2 stroker. The guy I bought it from called and said he was told by a mechanic at the marina that you can warm the engine up at idle then run at 4-5ooo rpm out of gear and push in on the key, choking the engine till it almost floods out, then release the key. May have to do this 5 or 6 times but it will clean the film off of the sensor thus stopping the beep. Gonna try this this a.m. and see if it works. "

" I doubt that will help, exce

" I doubt that will help, except maybe doing damage to your motor. The motor should not run more than a high idle,1000-1500, out of gear. I don't know what sensor he wants you to clean off, because you only have two. One is the overheat, located on the back of the block, and the other is the low oil sensor on the oil tank. On the bottom of the oil tank you should have two blue wires connected to the sensor, follow the up to where they connect to two other blue wires. Pull apart the connectors and see if that stops the beeping.You could also have a defective temp sensor, warning horn or module if equipped). "

" I doubt that will help, exce

" I doubt that will help, except maybe doing damage to your motor. The motor should not run more than a high idle,1000-1500, out of gear. I don't know what sensor he wants you to clean off, because you only have two. One is the overheat, located on the back of the block, and the other is the low oil sensor on the oil tank. On the bottom of the oil tank you should have two blue wires connected to the sensor, follow the up to where they connect to two other blue wires. Pull apart the connectors and see if that stops the beeping.You could also have a defective temp sensor, warning horn or module (if equipped). "

"I have a 1998 mercury 200 hp

"I have a 1998 mercury 200 hp outboard and when i start it it has a beeping noise it's not running hot and the oil injectors are working right please help

thanks [email protected]"

" intermintent beep is low oil

" intermintent beep is low oil in resovior, constant beep is over heat alarm, over heat sensor is on top of block near cylinderheads on the 115.

bob

check internal resovior for low oil and also check your reserve ank for lack of oil, once the under cowl tank is full your alarm should be off.

if not full with engine runing loosten cap on oil resovior under cowl and bleed air out of cap threads. "

Back