Logo

1989 85 HP Force shifter pivot pin problems

rocco

Ok I was in a hurry to winter

Ok I was in a hurry to winterize my boat and I pulled the wrong screw out. I pulled out the shifter pivot pin and what ever it held in place fell and now it wont line back up. I can move the shifter back and forth and get pin back in but it doesnt seem aligned cuz It wont allow for the prop to turn while in neutral. IS there a way to align this back up with out having to remove the lower unit? Thanks

Sorry but it will have to be

Sorry but it will have to be pulled apart to fix.

Will I have to drop the whole

Will I have to drop the whole lower unit or just yank out the prop shaft and align that way? Thanks

" Rocco,

You might be able

" Rocco,

You might be able to align the coupling by pulling the prop shaft and reaching in with some sort of tool, but you might be able to do this without going that far. You might get the holes in the coupling to line up with the screw hole in the casing. It would have to be in forward, and it might help to disconnect the lower shift rod so you can manipulate the shift rod a bit. Use an awl to reach through the screw hole so you can position the coupling.

Tony "

Tony...you rock
I need to ge

Tony...you rock
I need to get this thing working. Ive had at least 3 good days were I could of slayed the crappies. Thanks for all the help.

Back