Logo

Waterpump 1972 evinrude 100HP

P

Peter Silkin

" Just bought this engine, Hav

" Just bought this engine, Have a manual on order for it, but can't wait too excited to try it out.

Can anyone tell me if it has a tattletail stream? if not, how do i tell if the waterpump is good? Also, what is the ideal RPM for Prop selection? If I have to visually check the impellor, what is the process? Just remove the lower leg screws and separate??? Any thing else that has to be disconnected first? Thank you in advance.

Pete
1972 evinrude 100hp electric shift.(non commercial) "

" Pete, If pumping, it will sp

" Pete, If pumping, it will spit water from the two upper exhaust relief holes. If your dropping the lower unit might as well change the water pump. You have to disconnect the shift rod. It is directly below the carb. Look for the little linkage protruding up.Remove the bolts under cav. plate holding the lower unit and do not forget the hidden one under the torque tab. The removal and installation of the pump housing is pretty straight forward. Just be sure to bend the new impeller blades in the same direction as the old one. Get a manuel for the motor because a picture is worth a thousand words! Joe "

Back