Logo

Tomos Motor Viberates

D

Donna

can anyone tell me why my dad

can anyone tell me why my dads tomos motor is viberating pretty bad? it shakes the boat and is better in Neutral gear. Its a 5 hp. Thanks in advance
Donna

" Donna,
Have you checked the

" Donna,
Have you checked the propeller for damage. A loose or damaged propeller will cause a lot of vibrations.
Robert "

" Robert, yes he has looked at

" Robert, yes he has looked at the propeller and everything looks good there. He is thinking something is out of balance some where, the motor runs great and very smooth, but viberates the the boat very bad. I ordered a manual from Andy and there is no troubleshooting in there about this.
Donna "

" Dont know anything about Tom

" Dont know anything about Tomos. Might be the rubber isolators between transom bracket and motor, that has collapsed. When in gear you get a push agaist the transom that can lead the vibrations to the hull. "

" Could be a bent prop shaft.

" Could be a bent prop shaft. Rig up something that's stationary and that barely touches the end of one of the prop blades. Then turn the prop. The ends of the other blades should touch your device in the same spot. If the prop is ok, the shaft it's attached to could be bent. "

" The Tomos 4 %4.5 was "si

" The Tomos 4 %4.5 was "single cilynder " motors, and had no rubber dumpers in the steering, so they vibrate a lot. "

I just purcahsed a Tomos Tra

I just purcahsed a Tomos Traveler 3HP outboard online. I need to know the fuel/oil mix ratio. Also I would like to know a source for spare parts.

Back