Logo

1987 mercury classic 50 45 wont start

J

Jeff Pifer

" i am wanting to buy a 1987 s

" i am wanting to buy a 1987 suntracker 24ft pontoon boat.It has been sitting for like 3 years.I tried to start it and all it does is turn over,i checked the spark on the spark plug wire and there was none.I know how to work on cars but never really worked on a boat.Can someone start me of on the right path thanks.btw i am in texas "

" The best place to start is b

" The best place to start is by getting a or some decent outboard manual(s) that cover the motors you are interested in working on. Nothing to be intimidated by, if you can work on cars you can work on anything. Just use common sense and read before you wreck. "

A shop told me it will be aro

A shop told me it will be around 300 to 600 bucks.There is a wire going under the flywheel that is real bad. How much will a 1987 24ft party barge sun tracker pontoon boat sell for? thanks for any info

" You should shop around, chec

" You should shop around, check out new and used, consider condition of all used and realise you are looking at something that is not running and has not been for 3 years (you can't water test it). You also should realise that if there are problems with the motor and it has sat up 3 years that quite possibly you may be looking at some defects in the boat also (rotting wood in the floor under the carpet and in the deck furniture, broken welds in the structure). These are things you can't see unless you look for them and are quite common on pontoon boats. I know of several units ranging from mid to late 90s selling or sold for $4200 cdn up to $8500 all running and water ready. You are talking 10 years older and not running. That $600 you mentioned could very easily turn into a couple thousand even if you do the work yourself. Buyer-B-Ware "

" the boat needs cleaned.I che

" the boat needs cleaned.I checked the wood and it is in real good shape.It came from ARK.I can get the boat for $1,500 "

" As I said before Buyer-B-War

" As I said before Buyer-B-Ware. Be prepared to spend that much at the least, on repairs and reconditioning. If you have money left over that's a bonus (gas money). "

Back