Logo

150 xp problem

C

CJ

" I have a 1986 evinrude xp. t

" I have a 1986 evinrude xp. the vro has been taken off and it is a mix your own oil unit now. the motor has ran fine for several years. last season this problem first arose. It seemed that after i started it i would have to reprime it several times to get it running. After i got primed i could take off and the motor would run very well. Then I had instances where it would start cutting out verr buh verr buh buh. get the idea, and i would pump the primer bulb and it would stop. So i replaced all fuel lines and primer bulbs to the motor. I did not replace the fuel filter housing however. the other day while it was acting up i held on real good and let my dad drive the boat while i felt the primer bulb while we were running down the lake. the bulb would be tight and i would grip it very slightly to feel the pressure on it, then the buld would kind of deflate and it would hicup while we were running i would pump and it would stop. I am almost certain this is a fuel related problem. When it hicups i think it is starving for fuel. Do you think thier could be something wrong with the tank since all by bulb and lines are new? I thought about rigging up a small gas tank with bulb and going straight to the motor to see if the tank is the problem. what do yall think? thanks this is driving me nuts,guy at the shop said it could be electrical but i dout this because some outtings it wont even happen and after it gets going it runns like a bat out of hell. "

Back