Logo

Volvo AQ130C Difference between Car and Marine

gary

Regular Contributor
" Hi,
Just bought a boat with

" Hi,
Just bought a boat with the AQ130C, was told it was changed out with a car motor, but it now has a hole buned in a piston, I also have the original Marine engine (AQ130C), whats the difference between the engines, I am just wondering about which one to rebuild, or can i find another car engine to put in this? "

I have a 4cyl. volvo engine.

I have a 4cyl. volvo engine. I am told it is a 130 hp. volvo motor. 1977 to 1979 vintage. Twin carbs. ohv. What is it? It came out of a 270 stern drive.

" We have a boat with an AQ130

" We have a boat with an AQ130 volvo with 270T sterndrive. It's a Volvo type B20, similar with a car engine. The difference is that the marine version has 2 stromberg carburettors, a c-type camshaft, watercooled exhaust manifold, oil cooler, different air filter, different water pump. The great thing is that (in Holland) you can buy nearly al parts at a classic car shop. It's much cheaper than if you buy it in a marine shop. Last year we change the boat engine with a car engine with changing the marine parts. "

there was a place on eBay sel

there was a place on eBay selling off a lot of rebuilt B20 engines (long blocks) for $600 with I think free shipping. I'd check that out.

Back