Logo

Suzuki DT 2

john

Contributing Member
" I recently purchased a used

" I recently purchased a used 2 HP Suzuki DT 2. How can I tell the year and also, I have been told that some of these smaller engines do not require a water pump? This one seems not to have one how can I tell for sure.

DT 2

Thanks for your help!
John "

I have an ancient silver suzuk

I have an ancient silver suzuki DT2 ANY IDEA WHAT i HAVE TO DO TO SERVICE IT? i HAVE NO MANUAL EITHER?

"SUZUKI DT2 1984
I picked up

"SUZUKI DT2 1984
I picked up a 1984 Suzuki DT2 on Ebay. I changed impeller, and everything else looked OK, but water pilot holes just spit water, rather than emit a steady stream. Is this normal for this engine, or do you think it has problems? I thought I read somewhere that the smaller motors just spit water, but now I'm not sure. Thanks.

Mike"

"i just bought a used dt2 myse

"i just bought a used dt2 myself, but i don't see any info on brownspoint.

my serial reads 0201 903537.

can anyone help with the year, please?

THANKS"

"finally got around to strippi

"finally got around to stripping my DT2.
after snapping 2 bolts off, and getting the old girl apart, it turns out that it is designed to "spit"!
when the cooling water leaves the water jacket, it enters the exhaust tube and joins up with the exhaust gases, and the bulk of the cooling water exits under water out the exhaust pipe! the two "spitting" holes are just there to relieve back-pressure in the exhaust tube!
DOH! i didn't have to strip it after all!!!
mind you, there is a spot in the water jacket that is getting a bit thin, will take it to the machine part welders, and get them to grind it out, and bog it up for me.
wasn't a complete dead loss i suppose..."

"I have ordered a 9.9 suzuke b

"I have ordered a 9.9 suzuke big foot with electric tilt up, it is to go on a sailboat stransom. A special metal box is bolted to the transom to carry the motor. I would like the swinging arc of the motor tilt to see if I can fit the motor on it.
Do you have a drawing or sketch showing dimension and lifting arc at the upper end of the motor. Thank you Vincent Browne"

Looking for the shoulder bolt

Looking for the shoulder bolt for the DT2 tiller.

"hi i have just bought a suzuk

"hi i have just bought a suzuki dt2 with no info at all,could anyone give me any info ?ie mixture ratio, should water come out of the 2 holes in the shaft, year of manufacture and where i can get a manual from the serial number is 0201353071"

Back