Logo

1952 Johnson 10 hp QD13 oil mix

M

mike piechowski

" Gentlemen, It seems I should

" Gentlemen, It seems I should use 24:1 mix for this thing, but have read somewhere that 50:1 is OK with the newer 2-stroke oils verses older 30 weight motor oils. Also, use standard Hi Visc gear lube? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Much. "

WHAT IS THE PROPER FUEL / OIL

WHAT IS THE PROPER FUEL / OIL MIX FOR A 1967 9.5HP JOHNSON MOTOR?

"Mike... I don't know how

"Mike... I don't know how I missed your post. My apologies. That engine, due to the nature of various bearings, should use the 14/1 mixture which is 1qt of 50/1 oil to 6gal of gasoline. A octane rating of 87 will be fine.

Fred... the 1967 models are designed to use the 50/1 mixture. See the following note for future posts.

NOTE: (MarineEngine.com - Properly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page where the various topics/questions are posted. Scroll down to the extreme bottom of that page.

There you will see a large button that is entitled "Start A New Conversation" or something of that nature. Click on that button and you will be able to have your post listed under your own topic which will be inserted at the top of the page.

As it stands, your post is buried under someone elses topic which started at a prior date and/or time.

HINT: Click anywhere on that page whereas the click won't initiate anything, then hit your END key. That'll drop you to the bottom of the page immediately.

Joe
"

Back