Logo

2001 8 hp honda fourstroke water pump problem

R

Roc Stacey

I have a 2001 8 horse honda 4

I have a 2001 8 horse honda 4-stroke and I have put 3 water pumps in it in the last 4 months. It seems that I get it fixed and the it runs well for one trip and then burns up the next time out. There seems to be a problem and the water pump is not it. Has anyone else experienced any thing similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The local honda dealer seems to like to take my money but does not want to find out what is wrong

Is the motor deep enough in t

Is the motor deep enough in the water? Is there anything that could be deflecting the water away from the intakes? Have you added or changed anything to your boat in the last 4 months? This is where I would start looking for a problem.

THERMOSTATS THERMOSTATS THE

THERMOSTATS THERMOSTATS THERMOSTATS !!!!!!!!!
H2O PUMP IS FINE CHANGE THE THERMOSTATS!!!!!!!

" I'm buying a sailboat th

" I'm buying a sailboat that has a Honda 100 (B100-1012415). During the sea trial, the engine took a long time to start passing water. I'd appreciate any help answering three questions: 1) what year is the motor?, 2) what's the best manual I can buy, and 3) is changing the water pump tricky/involved? thnx much! "

" I´ve also got a honda

" I´ve also got a honda 100 (b100) and i´ve just done a service to the water pump. Mine is from 1974,the first year the b100 was built, so it´s no wonder the impeller was in bad shape. Since your motor is probably at least 25 years of age it would probably be about time to change/service the waterpump. It´s quite difficult to fit together again,especialy the shaft to the gear shifting lever caused me problems, but if you are familiar with how the engine works you should be able to do it.There is a manual for sale on the net, I downloaded a version for free, but there was not any information about the water pump maintainance. Good luck! "

"Roc, the hole below the pump

"Roc, the hole below the pump plate can block with corrosion but your dealer should have picked that up ? e.g intake is clear but hole between intake and pump plate is blocked, remove impeller and plate below impeller to check.
Ray"

Honda b100 impeller change pro

Honda b100 impeller change problem. Hi guys! Trying to replace the cooling impeller on an older 10 hp that the lower end won't come down lower than an inch and is stuck on the shift shaft. I removed all the impeller housing bolts. Must the shifter shaft be disconnected at the top by the shift lever? Now the lower end won't even go up back up. What a mess! Can anyone help save this old salt? Thanx!

"Hi Ron

Yes, you need to re

"Hi Ron

Yes, you need to remove the cotter pin at the top, and then pull the pin out in order to let the shift lever drop down. I just did this a couple of days ago, and it is quite easy."

"Thanx B H, Putting back toget

"Thanx B H, Putting back together was like ER! If you ever drop that pin, you'll never see it again. Bought new impeller. Use usps shipping at $3, only takes 5 days"

Back