Logo

1956 sea king 15Hp short burst then bammcarb

S

sharky77

i am trouble getting the carb

i am trouble getting the carb ajusted itll go really good then when i let off the throttle to slow down it will slow down then when i throttle up the motor will remain at a slow idle speed with short burst for maybe two-three minutes then out of now where bamm it takes off like nothing is wrong untill i slow down again any minor/major adjustment that can be made

Most "carburetor" pro

Most "carburetor" problems turn out to be something else. If a motor suddenly takes off and runs normally I would be looking for ignition problems.OMC coils are notorious for cracking and shorting out to the mag plate and that would give the symptoms you describe. Do yourself a favour and check the ignition out.

I had the same problem with a

I had the same problem with a 15 hp Evinrude Fasttwin 1956. I also think it is in the firing but I have never checked into the problem. Mine would run good and then act like it died and then buck and back to full bore run again. Shook the transom on my Jonboat so hard that I was afraid to take it back out again. I hope to find info on this myself.

Back