Logo

Break down book on the net

nick

Contributing Member
Is there a web site that you

Is there a web site that you can go and get break down of your motor without having to purchase a book? I have a 150 hp johnson. Everywhere I go they just show a book you can buy.

Not that I'm aware of. Yo

Not that I'm aware of. You can order a parts and/or service manual for that year and hp from any Johnson/Evinrude dealer.
Parts manual # 5000160 list for around $8.00
Service manual #787031 list for around $31.00

" Nick, if you consider the nu

" Nick, if you consider the number of motors that have been produced and the number of variations of a mass cross reference of parts, some common across a range of years, and some isolated to just one motor in one year, you can begin to understand the level of dedication and research it would take to even scratch the surface of producing such a web site. Let alone, maintaining it in a given year. The manuals are realatively inexpensive, very informative, and not so hard to locate. If you want to service your own motor they are a tool with great value at a cheap price.

My suggestion is go ahead and invest in a set. One repair done by you, with the aide of the information you find in that manual will save you more than the price of the manual.

Just my way of thinking. "

i have a 1997 johnson 25 hp.

i have a 1997 johnson 25 hp. looking for more speed out of it. i heard you can change to a bigger carb. or change the jets to a bigger one any tips are am i wasting my time

Back