Logo

Temp sender

76grady

"Just bought a 76 Gradywhite w

"Just bought a 76 Gradywhite with a VP aq170. Looks like I'll be a regular here trying to pickup what I can. I was wondering if anybody knew what resistance range is on the temp sender. Mine varies resistance but doesn't work with the teleflex gauge I have. Also wondering if someone might know what thread is on the sending unit, so that I can replace it with one matched to the gauge. There is a second sender clamped in a rubber hose that is clamped to an elbow coming out of the back of the head, I was wondering if the elbow belongs there and if it had another purpose, should I pull out the elbow and plug the hole?"

"Is the guage working at all?

"Is the guage working at all? I bought a new temp guage, and it came with a new sender and the adapters to make it fit almost any size hole. You might think of replacing the guage and sender as a set."

"Temp gauge works in the area

"Temp gauge works in the area of 300(hot) to 30(cold) ohms. I think I can find a sending unit to match this, I removed the old one and the thread looks like 1/4 inch pipe tread. More concerned now with the elbow in the back of the head, I removed the short rubber hose, and on closer inspection the elbow appears pressed in, does anyone know if there should be a hose on this leading somewhere?"

Back