Logo

Evinrude 115Hp Year 1991 Fuel Pump Problem

oliver2

"My 115HP Evinrude has a vro/f

"My 115HP Evinrude has a vro/fuel pump which I believe has failed. The engine stopped running while trolling. It kept starting but would not continue running unless I continually squeezed the fuel priming bulb. Continuing to squeeze the fuel priming bulb enabled me to get back to the dock at low speed. By the way the warning horn
went on and off going back to the dock. I checked the fuel connections, fuel filters and fuel lines
and they are all OK. How can I check the VRO/fuel
pump to make sure that's the problem and if so can I just install a fuel only pump and mix oil-gasoline in the tank? Can the VRO/Fuel pump be repaired? The price of a new one is very expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated."

"To take the 'worst' f

"To take the 'worst' first: The horn was probably the 'no oil' alarm!
When pumping with the bulb the engine runs with NO oil! To get oil in the fuel the VRO must pump, otherwise You just pump fuel.

Take the VRO appart and check what went wrong. I would guess the air membrane or plastic valve in the center of the air membrane. But rebuild kits are available, check out the BRP part list under 'accessories'."

Thanks for your quick reply. I

Thanks for your quick reply. Is there a good repair manual for the vro/fuel pump I can refer too?

Back