Logo

Martin 45 Outboard

randall_b

"Just picked up a Martin 45 at

"Just picked up a Martin 45 at a garage sale, serial number bb-65650.
Any advice on what year it is or where I can find information for restoration and or parts?"

"Randall, you have a 1954, 4.5

"Randall, you have a 1954, 4.5 horse. This was the last year that Martin motors was in business and had only been around for 6 or 7 years at the time.

This company was never bought out, or "went on to something else" so parts may be an extreme challenge (although some ignition/carb parts may be similar to others of this era).

Perhaps a web search, paying particular attention to some of the antique outboard clubs may answer your restoration questions (and maybe give you a lead on some parts)..."

Finding the parts is not a pro

Finding the parts is not a problem.Somebody in the MIDWEST bought all the stuff.Go to the AOMCI website and look for the link.This guy has all the parts you might need for a restoration and fix-up.

"Look up LARSON OUTBOARD SERVI

"Look up LARSON OUTBOARD SERVICE , he is the man."

"I am not a member of your gro

"I am not a member of your group,but was recommended by one. I have a Martin 40 outboard that (i aquired- in a box completely dismantled) I am looking for a manual that will assist in restoring it to working order. Can you or a member be of help to me."

Back