Logo

Controls for 1975 85hp evinrude

jreyes41

HI I have recently bought a 19

HI I have recently bought a 1984 astroglass bass boat with a 1975 85hp evinrude well the motor dose not have the controls I have no idea on were to start looking I need the controls plus the wiring that hooks up to the red plug on the motor can any body tell me what part # i need to fix this problem. The model # is 85593-e what do this #s mean. I hope someone can help
thanks

You are looking for an OMC con

You are looking for an OMC control box with the main plug that is red ( red only ).Black ones and yellow ones do not work.They are plentifull on E-bay and most dealers will have used ones around.

thanks for the fast reply. so

thanks for the fast reply. so any controls with a red plug would work as long as it fits my boat. would it matter if its a johnson control box are the red plugs still the same. I have a control box from my 1976 135hp jonhson with the red plug there both almost the same year 4 cylinder engines. thanks

I have an '85 Evinrude 150

I have an '85 Evinrude 150hp that has an issue with the buzzer in the control box. It will buzz for quite some time and then stop(usually). I have had it in the shop and they just replaced the key switch but that hasn't helped. What to do? All other systems seem fine.

Back