Logo

Johnson 2 Stroke vs Yamaha 2 Stroke

• Thread starter Drew Schneiderbauer
  • Start date
D

Drew Schneiderbauer

"Hello, I have a chance to buy

"Hello, I have a chance to buy one of the last new two stroke 9.9 outboards. The dealer has a Yamaha and a Johnson that are both the same price. The Johnson appears to be seven lbs. lighter. I am wondering what the repair guys think which is the better package for my inflatible. I don't know to much about Johnson after the demise of OMC and am wondering who is making their powerheads. I posted this on the Yami forumn to get equal sides. Thanks in advance. Drew"

I've never owned one but t

I've never owned one but there is no doubt I'd get the Yamaha. I've just heard too many good things about them.

"In my opinion it mainly comes

"In my opinion it mainly comes down to the quality of Your local dealer. Sooner or later they both needs service and parts.
If You live in Europe or Asia, I would probably go for the Yamaha.
If Your location is US territories I would go for the Johnson."

"I would definately echo Morte

"I would definately echo Morten. I would dearly love a Yamaha, but the closes dealer is an hour and a half away. There are 6 OMC/BRP and 4 Merc dealers that I would pass before I got there.

But in the case of the 9.9, I still would probably go with the Yami - I would buy a Merc over the Johnson as well (but since the little Merc's were mostly built by Yami, that's not really a fair statement)..."

Back