Logo

1999 43 gi no gas to throttle bodies

2dogsbarking

"Was running out on Sunday and

"Was running out on Sunday and fortunately on my back to marina and starboard engine shut down, so I came in on 1 engine, unfortunately starboard controls power steering so a bit of a challenge at the dock.
I have been having issues with port engine which are now corrected. In beginning research into this issue I removed flame arrestor and when I turn the key, I can hear the fuel system activate, (it primes), but no gas shoots out of the throttle body either at that time or if I acutally engage the starter. I think the fuel pump is OK because I think that is what primes the system, but not sure. Could something be clogged, like a fuel line? I think the other engine issue was related to a gummed up system and I have put fuel system cleaner in, so I wonder if it can just be clogged. Any suggestions? What are the first few things to trouble shoot. I am going to change the fuel filter right away, but would that completey clog the system?"

"Thanks Eric, I did change the

"Thanks Eric, I did change the fuel filter last night and it was full of gas, so I know that the gas is getting at least that far in the system."

"try to crack a line as close

"try to crack a line as close as you can to the injectors if you have pressure there, its the nozzle(s). When you added the cleaner, some gunk after the filter may have gotten dislodged and moved to the nozzles.You could try swapping the injectors from the running engine to the non running one, just to make sure the computer is firing them."

"try taking a pressure off the

"try taking a pressure off the tap on the top of the electric fuel pump, there is a spec for it, i think its 15-22lbs. also you can purchess a "noid" light, hook it up to the injector harness and see if it lights when you crank it, it may be a problem with the pickup coil or modual that tells the ecm when to fire the injector. cracking a line creates a fire hazzard, swapping injectors is crazy and does no good if you have 2 good injectors and replace them with 2 good injectors and no power to them."

Back