Logo

Suzuki DT25 DT30 conversion what to do

K

Kodvaag

"Hello everybody!

First I

"Hello everybody!

First I would like to say this looks like a nice forum. Just found it today, and it looks great!

I'm on my second season on my first boat/engine.

The "ship" is of make "EGO Blesser 440 single console" with a Suzuki DT25 outboard engine.

I imported the boat new from Latvia, one of the old east european countries, and bought the engine second-hand here in Norway.

The reason I put my first post here is that I want 5 more horsepower from my engine.
All the Suzuki documentation I was able to get a hold of, and find on the Internet, told me that the DT25 and the DT30 are quite similar engines. Both are 2 cylinder 500CC two stroke engines.
I have spoken to two Suzuki dealers, and mailed the main Suzuki agent in Norway, but the dealers don't know and the main agent doesn't reply.

I had a small hope, that the only thing I had to do to increase engine capacity from DT25 til DT30, were to remove a gasket restrictor, or bend open reed valve restrictors a little bit...

Does any of you know what to do??

Thank you wery much in advance.

I know its a small engine--- In Norway, the oil nation, we pay 8 USD per gallon of fuel.

My boats runs at 47 km/h / 29 mph as it is today...

url]

url]

I found this:

HP/Model Year Carburetor Kit
DT25C 1989-1998 18-7755
DT30C 1988-1997 18-7755

Same part number for both carburettor gasket kits! (18-7755)

url]

So there can't be any differences in the hole sizes (restricting) in the gaskets, right?

Then, the differences between DT25 and DT30 could lay in the reed-valves?

Maybe I want/need this instead then?
[url=""]http://www.boyesen.com/cwo....ategory_id= 26&category_id=25&product_id=1115[/url]

I just recived a mail offer on Boyson reed valves, schould I get those?
Have any of you tried them?
They promice about 10% rise in perfomance, can this be true?"

Back