Logo

Montgomery Ward 96hp Sea King

bb79ranch

"To start off I would like to

"To start off I would like to say "Hi" to everyone that uses this forum as this is my first post. I am in need of information on my MW 9.6hp Sea KIng outboard. I need to know the following: where to find the model number, gas/oil mix ratio, and where to find replacement parts if possible. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Todd"

"Todd, the 9.6 horse model was

"Todd, the 9.6 horse model was relatively short lived - only produced in the 1970-73 model years (inclusive) by Chrysler for Montgomery Wards.

I am unfamiliar with this model, however, if it is air-cooled then you can mix at 24:1 (regular unleaded and 2 cycle engine oil such as used with lawnmowers/chainsaws - not Marine oil).

If water cooled the it should be 50:1 as per most outboards.

Chrysler is long out of business, however, there is a website www.discount-marine-parts.com that caters to old/discontinued outboards and used to be a Chrysler dealer - so have decent stock and expertise with this particular model...."

"Thank you very much for the i

"Thank you very much for the information Mr. Lamb, I do appreciate it. Could you tell me where I might find the model numbers for this outboard, I have yet to find them."

"Todd, there should be a plate

"Todd, there should be a plate right where the motor hooks onto the bracket that connects to the transom.

So if it was hooked on the boat and you were in the boat, usually just below the lower portion of the hood, or on some models, on the tiller handle arm.

In most cases this was simply a sticker and are usually long gone - but have a look..."

Back