Logo

Suzuki DT 75

I have a 1988 suzuki DT 75 I w

I have a 1988 suzuki DT 75 I want to replace the water pump impeller on it. I bought the book at browns point marine and it is pretty cut and dry. The only question I have is that I herd that the throttle had to be in a certin position when you drop the lower end but the book does not adress that. Could any one tell me if that is true or do I just leace the throttle in nutrel.
Thanks Harold

"Just make sure that it's

"Just make sure that it's in neutral, that's what counts. You might be disconnecting your throttle cable to make more room for you to see when you go to connect the shift shaft back to the linkage when you're done."

"Thanks Guys this book is pret

"Thanks Guys this book is pretty good is pretty good but leaves some things out, I apreciate your help.
Harold"

I have ordered all the parts I

I have ordered all the parts I need but found out that my motor is a 1987 not 88. I have been trying to find the over heat sensor but can not find it on the manual or at browns point marines break down. It is clear on the 88 break down but not the 87. I would apreciate any help.
Harold

Ok here is what we found out t

Ok here is what we found out this week end. We have changed the water pump and still get the alarm when we get up on plane. It goes off in just a few seconds after we stop the boat. I think the oil sending unit is sinking and slowly coming up after we stop. I think I need to order a new oil sensor. The only thing is that the one I have is not offered any more. There is a new one avaliable but it has multiple floats on it. Can any one tell me if this is compatable'with the wireing on my boat.
Harold

I toook it to a mechanic and f

I toook it to a mechanic and found out it has a blockage in side and the water was not making it to the thermostat it was very weak flow. I took the thermostat out and used my pressure washer and blew down thru it untill we got a good flow. we then reinstalled the lower end and put the adapter and hose on it and ran it.We now have water and good flow. I have my fingers crossed my son will put it in the water today. Just in case I have to remove the cylinder head I ordered a new gasket from browns point marine. Those guys have really saved my bacon I have ordered all my parts and book from them. They had parts that are no longer even made. One more thing it was an over heat problem. If any one has any other ideas please feel free to offer advise.
Thanks
Harold

"Hi Guys. I have bought recen

"Hi Guys. I have bought recently a 14.5ft runabout with an DT75 Suzuki motor, 1995 model oil-injected.

I am checking it over before I take it out.

I have a couple of questions about the DT75 please:
- I believe it has sensors to warn of low oil, low oil pressure in the oil pump, and a temp sensor warning if the engine is overheating. These are supposed to set off a buzzer somewhere and I thought it would be under the motor cover somewhere but can't find any sign of a buzzer, nor in the cockpit. Can anyone tell me how the warning system on these is normally set up ?

Also, how can I test this warning system is operational ?

Also can you hook up a normal pair of water "ear muffs" to this motor to supply cooling water when testing ? Thanks in advance

Cheers DC"

"the horn is in the control bo

"the horn is in the control box
find the temp sensors on the motor, touch both wires together while key on will make alarm go off

yes muffs will work"

"Last year I had a problem wit

"Last year I had a problem with the alarm going off. This year, it doesn't , but after I get it up on plane, the ignition control starts cutting in and (I assume dropping a cylinder). I can not figure out whats wrong. I am going to pull the manual out and check all the sensors, but its driving me nuts!"

Back