Logo

Seawater Pump

S

Steve Willis

I'm replacing a seawater p

I'm replacing a seawater pump on a Mercrusier 350 magnum TBI. Unfortunately I didn't look at which hose came off of which port. Does anyone know what hose goes on the one labeled LH vs RH? The other tell would be the direction that the impeller turns which is clockwise. My first inclination is that the impeller would pull from the first port in the rotation to the second so LH is in-take and RH is output but I'm not sure and I dont want to mees anything up.

Ooops I should have said count

Ooops I should have said counter clockwise.

"Are you sure about the CCW pu

"Are you sure about the CCW pump rotation?
Any I have seen the pump rotation is CW from the front, same as the crank, whether V belt or serpentine.
Usually the intake is the upper port and the discharge is the lower one, at least with CW rotation.
Rod"

Well I'm going by what is

Well I'm going by what is stamped on the body of the part. It faces backwards so it shows CCW. But if you look at it from the front I'm sure that the crank turns the pump shaft CW which correspondingly turns the impeller CW as well which appears counter clockwise from the rear.

There are two ways that the pump body fits on the bracket. I'll see if one of them results in a top/bottom configuration which seems to be what I remember from taking it off. Right now it is a left right configuration which caused me to question if I had it on there right.

Back