Logo

Ignition Relay AQ151C

thostorey

Regular Contributor
"I dropped into the marine par

"I dropped into the marine parts store today to pick up a new ignition relay but they can't help me without a part number. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks, Tom"

"Tom, it is part 38 on the lin

"Tom, it is part 38 on the link, and Volvo Penta part 841177.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/ELECTRICAL_SYSTEM_AND_INSTRUMENT_AQ151A/dm/store_ id.366--session_id.997324722--cart_id.576176356--category_id.332597--list_time.1 187741485--view_id.321166

Also, Canadian Tire sells an automotive headlamp 30A relay that will do the job and costs only around 6 bucks. The relay is a Blazer (Federal Mogul) 30 Amp, Canadian Tire part number 20-3529-8 However, I must warn you that said relay is made of plastic instead of metal."

"Thanks for digging up the par

"Thanks for digging up the part number! The Canadian Tire part would make a great spare. I did a little digging on the Volvo part number and I believe Sierra has a matching part #18-6268. The US price is about $20 or less.

Cheers, Tom"

"Tom, maybe with age I am gett

"Tom, maybe with age I am getting a bit blind, but that Sierra relay looks also made in plastic and has the same specs (30 Amps) as the Canadian Tire version that costs about 6 bucks."

"Boatdoc, no doubt that Sierra

"Boatdoc, no doubt that Sierra has excellent parts, and I am the first one buying Sierra whenever I can. However, I find the price of some of the items they sell a bit questionable. Of course, we are usually happy paying less than what our friendly neighbourhood Volvo Penta dealer would charge us for the "genuine" Volvo part; but that doesn't mean the price for the Sierra part is necessarily right. Meanwhile, I have found parts purchased from Federal Mogul being also of excellent quality and often better priced than Sierra's. In my opinion, this is the case with the relay under discussion."

"I have the "plastic"

"I have the "plastic" version, with no problems in fresh water............LOVE IT!!!!! 6 bucks!!!!"

Back