Logo

AQ131A

masterchief

"Hi All, just bought a Caprice

"Hi All, just bought a Caprice 175 with a AQ131A engine, no lower drive. My question is can I rebuild it at a reasonable price, can I purchase a new rebuilt full drive unit ( engine and lower drive) or can I convert it to another drive system ( Merc). I'm new to boats, The ones I am used to were called Destroyers and Frigates in the Navy. Thanks in advance for your help all. Just point me and I'll take it from there!"

"You can check e-bay! There ar

"You can check e-bay! There are always outdrives and different parts as well as just lower units on the site. But you need to know what drive unit you have, as there are several.Good luck."

"I was once going to change ou

"I was once going to change out my VP for a Merc I/O. Just to modify the outdrive hole was going to cost $1500+.
I don't know what outdrive fits on a 131 but you can be sure they are available (more so if you live near the ocean)for reasonable prices and rebuild parts are available. Take a little time and do a full research on alternatives before you think about buying a new engine. El Pescador is currently fishing off the west coast of Canada but he'll be around in a couple of days and he'll set you straight. Sit tight
happy.gif

Tom"

Back