Logo

270 outdrive latch

bigspender1911

"Thanks for your help EL and M

"Thanks for your help EL and Mort on fireing order.got it almost there . New question no one has the answear for over my way, evan people who have had a 270 outdrive. does anyone Know how the bracket under the outdrive is supposed to work? my guess is manually engage and then when in the water raise outdrive and it falls down and hangs when outdrive is lowerd. has anyone evan seen this ? or did everyone take them off?"

"If you are talking of the tra

"If you are talking of the trailering bar, horseshoe looking thing that loves to pinch you, take it all the way off when going in the water."

"Or, as I have done several ti

"Or, as I have done several times, forget to take it off before launch and then after launch wonder why the outdrive does not lower!!
uhoh.gif

As Doc says, remove it completely before launch."

"Raise the outdrive so as to r

"Raise the outdrive so as to relax the tension on the "trailering bracket"...then depress one leg of it to dislodge it completely...and remove it, then back into the water and launch. After re-trailering, raise the outdrive, insert one leg into it's hole, raise the middle to the uppermost postion possible (this will angle it/jam it against the outdrive), then depress the other side and engage it into IT's hole. Now lower the outdrive until the weight of the outdrive rests on the trailering bracket. This will relieve the trim motor/transmission of the stresses of trailering the boat."

Back