Logo

Boat wont trim

R

rocman

"i have a 200hp evirude .my bo

"i have a 200hp evirude .my boat used to be a inboard ,but i put a strong arm on back and put a outboard on it.should my pin on the motor be all the way towards the transom to plane ,please help ."

You may have to try it to see

You may have to try it to see where it performs the best. The closer the pin is to the transom the lower the nose will be. Because you changed the weight distribution of the boat from factory you'll have to just try it and make small adjustments until your happy with the performance.

"The motor should have POWER T

"The motor should have POWER TRIM AND TILT it is used to affect trim of the boat. Is the 200 hp motor in good condition, has it been checked on a dyno to see if is actually putting out 200hp?????"

the spark plugs in the motor d

the spark plugs in the motor do not match up to the numbers in the manual would this have any effect tks.

rocky.

I would suggest you evaluate t

I would suggest you evaluate the " condition " of the motor!Start with a compression test and a check to make sure you have spark at each cylinder that jumps a gap of 7/16" or better.Different sparkplugs have little effect on poor performance of the motor.

"starting of she a little hesi

"starting of she a little hesitant ,but end she runs fine."

"I guess we're also assumi

"I guess we're also assuming you have the motor mounted correctly as far as height, with the trim plate even with or slightly below the transom right?"

"yes the height seems alright,

"yes the height seems alright,shes only slugish,when i take off but she still wont plane off."

"Are you sure the motor is pro

"Are you sure the motor is propped somewhere close for the size of the boat? Post the size and weight of the boat, as well as the prop size. Graham Lamb may be able to run it on his calculator and tell you if you're in the ballpark.
A severely overpropped motor will behave as you describe.
Dan"

Back