Logo

Cleaning motor block

txny13

Regular Contributor
"any ideas on cleaning my 170,

"any ideas on cleaning my 170, but i dont want to damage the cam barings,also i have some pics is there a way to put them on here there for advice use only parts and stuff"

"I was considering buying a 76

"I was considering buying a 76 gradywhite with an aq170/270 i/o. After a little web surfing it seems that some parts for the motorare becoming hard to find. I particular, I am concerned that I wouldn't be able to get an exhaust manifold if I needed one. Looking for any advise and was wondering what would be my best repower option if the worst happens?"

"John, I'm a newbie here,

"John, I'm a newbie here, so I don't know about adding pics but I just completed a AQ125A Short Block rebuid, rebuilding the head right now. I build several engines each year (although most are Mopar Big Blocks!) I always use Dawn detergent a garden hose with a good multi nossle (if someone has borrowed my power washer) and a good assortment of engine bore brushes from great big to tiny weeny. follow up with air hose and a blow nossle. be real thorough here and repeat with WD-40 everywhere the water went and blow it out again. all will be clean and the cam bearings will be good as they ever was!"

You were talking about cleanin

You were talking about cleaning your bare block/heads to prep for rebulding (since you mentioned cam bearings) correct?

Back