Logo

125hp Force

B

Bruce Albert

"My 1988 engine is getting wor

"My 1988 engine is getting worse, Started running rough at low and WOT and has gotten to the point of not starting. Replaced filters and plugs and just got worse. Now it leaks out gas thru core plugs when I squeeze the priming bulb and spits gas out the top carb.Not even sure I'm getting good spark anymore. It it worth fixing or should I cut my losses.Just spent $100. 2 wks ago for a mechanic to tell me it"s running fine. Any advice?"

"check compression to eliminat

"check compression to eliminate a rebuild problem, then look into spark and fuel. Clean carbs out.

I did full rebuild on my 125 last winter for 500, beat the heck out of buying a new motor, that was my deciding factor"

Where is a good place to get t

Where is a good place to get the correct parts?It's hard to find the right ones with so many versions of this engine.

i have force 125 having proble

i have force 125 having problem. dont start sometime do.

"Hi, I have heard alot about t

"Hi, I have heard alot about the force/chrysler/ mercury engine. I am currently looking at a boat with a 1994 125 force engine. my question is this.... is there anyway of knowing exactly which engine this is. Is it made by mercury, or is it made by chrysler or us marine or who..... I'm lost ...."

Back