Logo

Test results not good

txny13

Regular Contributor
"first i did a compression tes

"first i did a compression test#1 125 #2 60 #3 105 #4 105 #5 90 #6 90 then i put oil in #2 piston and the presure jumped to 130, so i did a leak down test on #2 piston and got air out of carb #1 what do you all think of that?"

"If you get air back through t

"If you get air back through the carb, that means an intake valve is not sealing. As long as you are not getting air into the crankcase, you may get away with a valve/head job."

"El correct me if I am wrong b

"El correct me if I am wrong but by putting oil in the cylinder and the compression jumping up like it did, doesn't that generally mean bad rings.. also if you are getting air out of the carb you might be on the wrong stroke make sure that the piston is at TDC then put air in the cylinder if still getting air turn the motor over one time and try again.."

"Bill, you are right; but what

"Bill, you are right; but what do you call it when the air goes back through the intake valve? It is probably both, as he has already pulled the head and found one piston with bad rings."

OUCH well time for a motor reb

OUCH well time for a motor rebuild and head job. sounded to me that when he put the air in the cylinder that the piston was in the wrong location possibly and the valves might have been in the open poss. but I might be wrong.. will adding oil to the cylinder seal the valves also I have always heard that it won't. but also if I get low compression like that I will generally just yank the whole thing and rebuild just to know that everything is in good shape..

By the way EL Thanks for being on here and helping so many people I know you have helped me many times in the past with all of your knowledge.. THANKS

Back