Logo

Still water in oil

Ok I have an aq170 6cyl and I

Ok I have an aq170 6cyl and I replaced the head gasket. After i replaced the gasket i drained the oil and it was real milky. I ran the boat this weekend in the driveway for about an hour and the oil is milky again. Is it likely that water was mabye still in the pan or someting to make the oil turn milky again??

Have you checked the oil coole

Have you checked the oil cooler? A perforated tube or a faulty o-ring will lead to water into the oil (and the other way around as well).

Ok. How do i go about checking

Ok. How do i go about checking that. All i know is you can take the bolt out of the end of the oil cooler. Do I need to take it off??

"There are a couple of ways yo

"There are a couple of ways you can go about this. One is to disconnect the inlet and outlet water pipes to the cooler, then temporarily connect them together again with a hose and a couple of hose clamps, then start the engine. Water will not go to the cooler, so if there is any oil leaking you will be able to see it coming from the covers through the water inlet or outlet holes. If there is oil leaking, it could be due to faulty o-rings (part 4 which are cheap to replace), or due to a perforated oil tube. A rad shop sould be able to plug a tube, but if you have to replace the tube nest that will be quite expensive (see price at link).

http://www.volvopentastore.com/OIL_COOLER_824513/dm/view_id.317229--category_id. 332342--cart_id.576176356--session_id.549734181

Anothe way is to remove the oil cooler and take it to a rad shop for testing."

Back