Logo

1990 Evinrude 120HP No spark when hot

S

Still Bill

"My motor was running great.

"My motor was running great. I stopped for a few minutes, but then it would not restart. No spark. Started right up two hours later after it was cool. This happened two days this week. Power Pack going bad maybe?"

"Could be the powerpack, or th

"Could be the powerpack, or the stator, or sensor.

Test the entire ignition system - it can be very costly to "guess" and "replace"...."

"Thanks. Actually, I have a s

"Thanks. Actually, I have a spare power pack from playing the guessing game a few years ago. Can't remember what it was back then (fuel pump maybe). Different kind of problem now. So, I'll probably start with the PP change. I'll post the result, but it may take a while since it is an intermittent problem."

help i have 1988johnson 120hp

help i have 1988johnson 120hp that has misfire on one cyl. ever now and then put on new plugs new wires 4 new coils has good comp need help elton m

help i have 1988johnson 120hp

help i have 1988johnson 120hp that has misfire on one cyl. ever now and then put on new plugs new wires 4 new coils has good comp need help elton m

"Changed out the powerpack wit

"Changed out the powerpack with my spare, but the problem persists, and seems to be getting worse. This time the motor would not restart after 3 hours. Hopefully, it will stay that was so it is easier to diagnose. Any suggestions appreciated."

Back