Logo

AQ145A

gryg1

Regular Contributor
"Whent out last weekend and fo

"Whent out last weekend and found that when starting the motor i have to pump the throttle quickly to geep the motor indling untill it comes to operating pressure.start up ,throttlr,throttle,throttle,runs and seems to die.startup again ,throttlr,throttle,throttle,slows down and wants to die.I have balanced the carbys,adjusted mixture etc.after comes up to operating temp its is ok but when i put in gear have to be quite and execellate as it wants to die.after a bit of runing it idles fine.to keep from getting this problem if i warm it up using 2500+ rpm this usually gets me over the problem,but i dont want to rev s**t out of it all the time .Any sujections."

You might be slightly lean on

You might be slightly lean on the air-mix settings. However theese engines does not have any choke systems and need some rpm during warm up. Note that the 'new' gas is lighter than the old one and the settings should be almost 1/4-1/2 turn more out than originally.

ill try a adjustment to the mi

ill try a adjustment to the mixture and see what happens but in the back of my mine i think there is more to it.i'll check and let you know.could it be that the carby balance is just not that right.I used a syn gauge on the motor.I thought if the carbs were maybe still a little out that even fuel may not be getting to all cylinders.

"The book recommends that the

"The book recommends that the motor warm up at 1500 rpms. Mine did the sane thing and after i put in an electronic ignition, it did a lot better."

"I KIND OF HAVE THE SAME PROBL

"I KIND OF HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, BEING IN ALASKA WHERE THE TEMPERATURE IS LETS SAY ON THE COOL SIDE. AND THAT THE ENGINE HAS NO CHOKE, RUNNING AT HIGH IDLE ON WARM UP IS NORMAL HERE. IF I DONT LET THE ENGINE RUN UNTIL THE TEMP. IS AT LEAST OR AROUND 180 IT WON'T RUN. WARMED UP ITS FINE!"

Back