Logo

Problems with my Honda BF90 1998

green_guava

------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 1998 BF90 thats acting up. I ran it three times and after about an hour the motor started losing power and the tach started jumping around from 0 to 8000 (pa

yes. i changed all those thin

yes. i changed all those things even the rectifier and i still have the problem. i haven't changed anything since my first post. is it possible my mechanic put in a defective rectifier? thanks

check all battery connections

check all battery connections

there is a test for the alternator

Honda dude will jump in here

"I run two batteries. both ar

"I run two batteries. both are new and the connections are solid. The charging system seems to be fine. it is usually around 13v-14v on my gps voltmeter. The boat runs fine for a while, then the tach starts jumping around and the boat starts to sputter a little and lose power. it never quits, but once it starts doing that i bring it back to the pier. i've ruled out gas, because i switch from my in-floor tank to an external tank both with fresh gas and fuel wouldn't make the tach sputter. thanks for your help."

I've figured out my proble

I've figured out my problem. Hope this helps others. It was my Ignition module CDI ($500). I spoke to another mechanic i my area and he had one other customer that had the same problem. ran fine for A few hours then dropped a cylinder and started missing and not getting full rpms. Once it cooled off it would run fine. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know if you have a

Does anyone know if you have a section of an impeller gasket missing if this could block something and keep the cdi unit from working. I have power going into the cdi unit but none coming out. I was out running the river when I pulled the throttle back to neutrel and the motor stopped and has not started since. 1998 BF90

"Hi, checked the stop switch b

"Hi, checked the stop switch by bypassing it and motor cranks but still won't start. I can put the motor in gear and it won't crank but when I put it in nuetrel it will crank but still won't start.
Does this sound correct?"

Back