Logo

AQ 131 A versus AQ125A

skippy

What is the difference between

What is the difference between the two and will the 131a bolt right up to where the 125a unbolted from?? Possibly more hp with the 131a?? Thanks

"The 125A has a B21 block and

"The 125A has a B21 block and has a maximum output of 110 HP, while the 131A has a B230 block and has a maximum output of 120 HP.

The AQ131A should bolt in the same bellhousing as the AQ125A, as both blocks have the same bolt pattern."

Thank you very much for the in

Thank you very much for the info. I got the Aq131a for alot cheaper than rebuilding my 125a. Thanks again

"i AM TRYING TO TAKE OFF THE U

"i AM TRYING TO TAKE OFF THE UPPER GEAR HOUSING WITH THE TWO U JOINTS IN IT AND I AM HAVING QUITE THE DIFFICULT TIME TRYING TO GET IT OFF, I HAVE TAKEN ALL THE BOLTS OUT BUT CANNOT GET THE PIECE OVER THE HOUSING THAT HOLDS TWO BOLTS IN. Any thoughts?? Thanks"

"If you removed the two nuts &

"If you removed the two nuts (15) and the two screws (14) it should come out easily.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/INTERMEDIATE_HOUSING/dm/store_id.366--session_id. 912759475--cart_id.576176356--category_id.333012--list_time.1187883200--view_id. 325955

If it doesn't come out, the only thing I can think of is that the studs (57) are seized due to electrolysis, in which case you may have to apply some heat to the sections of the intermediate housing where the studs go through."

"all the bolts are undone evey

"all the bolts are undone eveything is loose but i can not get that cover over the bushing that keeps things in line, does that bushing undo?? Thanks"

"Hello, I have a volvo 4 cylin

"Hello, I have a volvo 4 cylinder. I am being told that if i do a wet compression test on all cylinders and the compression does not come up then it would be my cylinder head that needs rebuilding?? Any help Thanks"

I have a AQ 125 that i have do

I have a AQ 125 that i have done a wet compression test on and i am being told if the compression does not come up then it is the head that needs rebuilding. Is this correct?? Thanks

"Generally speaking, that is c

"Generally speaking, that is correct. However, you will get the same results if there is a hole in the piston."

"Hey El thanks for the info, t

"Hey El thanks for the info, there is no hole in the piston as i have the head off, everything looks good, as well as the head looks good all valves are moving I am at abit of a loss to what is wrong. Loud bang then dead in the water, still turns over, but will not start however backfires through the carb??"

"If there is low compression b

"If there is low compression but the valves look OK and the compression does not improve with oil in the cylinder, and it backfires through the carb.... maybe the timing belt just jumped a tooth (or a few)."

i have a 19'5 bayliner wit

i have a 19'5 bayliner with a AQ 125a in it which i believe the motor has gone. Would a 5.0 litre engine bolt in to this boat ? and would a v-8 be to big for this boat?? Thanks for the help.

Back