Logo

CAT 3208

skyhightree1

"[b]<font color=""000000""><fo

"<font color=""000000""><font face=""courier new,courier""></font>I am maybe in the wrong board room because im asking a question about a cat 3208 motor thats in a diesel dump truck... if i am will everyone be nice...lol... i apologize didnt know where else to turn.... I am thinking of purchasing a dumptruck with that motor in it and my friend that normally does the hauling for me said not to get the truck cause that motor is bad and u cant knock the sleeve out to rebuild it or something is this true or is he trying to keep me from buying the truck cause he wants me to keep paying him? he said that motor is bad and only good for 100,000 miles which i definately dont believe can anyone help me with this ?</font>}"

"the 3208 engine is like a car

"the 3208 engine is like a car block, no liners or sleeves. they can how ever they can be bored and a sleeve put in them to brig them back to standard. the 1100 was the for runner to the 3208 and they bored them .020, and .040 over, and had pistons the same. they have been around for a long time. one problem is that they need to be finished at .oo15 to .002 over the origanal bore, to keep the pistons from sticking if they get close to over heating. that said you still see them running."

"way too many 3208's put i

"way too many 3208's put in boats, trucks and off highway equipment for them to be too bad. Suggest you call or stop by your local CAT dealer and talk with a shop foreman or head mechanic (not a sales guy). CAT has a stong, yet independent dealer network. Find a dealer:

http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=39542&x=7"

"I am running a pair of 3208 T

"I am running a pair of 3208 TA 375hp only 125hrs SMOH in a 32 Blackfin FB and have noticed that there is blowing on the breathers, could this be that the valve lash should be checked and perhaps stop this blowback? There is also a slight oil leak where the turbo blows into the intercooler, is this the oil which the turbo is blowing in from the blowback from the breather?"

"hello every one, I am having

"hello every one, I am having some problems with a pair of cats 3208, on a sea ray 42. weight 2o,ooo lbs.model numbers 1Z18621 and 1Z18475,arrangement number 7W7500.year (1991)HP 375.this vessel was on the hard for some time until last year.A sea trial was done at 23.7 knots 2500 rpm with out any problems.left the US for the caribbean and that was the start of the nightmere.port engine developed un over heating problem and fuel. both turbos were replaced becouse of smoke problems one cyliner head gasket was changed on port.after that was done port engine is now smoking white.valves were checked,cylinders 6 & 8 were tight,smoke is less but the power is now 12.5 knots at 2400 rpms. white smoke would disappeard after about 2-3 minutes , water temperature is at 84 celsius.I can supply any more information you need .thanks in advance ALWIN"

"I have a 3208 TA 375HP marine

"I have a 3208 TA 375HP marine engine and when it gets to temp.(160) it blows the water out. I changed a bad gasket on the stbd exhaust manifold where it bolts to the crossover because it was leaking but it's still blowing water out of the expansion tank. i think there's a problem in the crossover itself. maybe it's clogged a bit or the turbo gasket is leaking. can anyone help,please?"

Back