Logo

Evinrude 70 What year

boat_driver

"The only number I can find is

"The only number I can find is 1606812. Does that mean anything, I can't find a plate with the details. If you could tell what year model it is it would greatly appreciated."

"Matt, it's the model numb

"Matt, it's the model number that will give you the year. The serial means very little. Perhaps if you post a picture it could be narrowed down at the very least..."

"Thanks Graham, I've looke

"Thanks Graham, I've looked everywhere for a model number but can't come up with anything, I can see where there could've been a plate at one time. I've taken some pics so I hope there is enough detail to give you an idea. If not I can take more.
Thank you again for your time.
86599.jpg
boat motor"">
86600.jpg
boat

"The electric primer makes it

"The electric primer makes it an 83/84 at least ,picture of the cover will help narrow it down.Same motor for many years and lots of stuff interchanges."

"I've recently resprayed t

"I've recently resprayed the cover so the colours are different now (the cover is in the background of one of the first pics), but it was white with the evinrude sticker around it and vro symbols. I got this old shot from a fishing photo, hope it helps.
86607.jpg
"

"VRO with the alarm module put

"VRO with the alarm module puts it 86 or later unless the VRO has been replaced.(it does look like a newer style VRO pump)

Big red insturment plug puts it pre 1992 I think, perhaps someone can verify when OMC switched from the red plug to the deutch connectors.

Dan"

Pictures of cylinderhead and i

Pictures of cylinderhead and ignition mounting plate will help.The # of bolts and the pattern on the exhaust cover seem to indicate that it is 88 or newer.Picture of a painted cover will NOT help.

"Here's some more pics.

"Here's some more pics.
Handy site Rob, wish I had the plate and numbers.
Not sure if I was clear but the photo of the white and blue cowling is before it was painted.

86858.jpg
motor"">
86859.jpg
mo

you might get lucky like i did

you might get lucky like i did and have the model number on the freeze plug by the lifting loop

"1985-86 (some markets&#41

"1985-86 (some markets) was the last year with the blue-silver paint on the Evinrudes if not mistaken.
After that the powerheads turned black.
As the lower cover seems to have the plug for the trim-switch that was later introduced, 1986 would be my closest guess."

Back