Logo

Model # Identification 1959 Evinrude 35 hp Lark

zoolady7

"Hello, my other half has a S

"Hello, my other half has a Seaswirl with what I believe is a 1959 Evinrude 35 hp Lark; I found a serial # on a tag just in front and under the motor casing, the darker color is a forest green; but can't see far enough under or back to see if there is a mo_el # there too; below is a pic of it, can anyone help me find a service manual for it or tell me what mo_el it is? Thanks so much for you help! :)
86406.jpg
Seaswirl Evinrude

"nice motor, i have the same t

"nice motor, i have the same thing. first the hood looks like its on backwards. when you take it off to turn it around look on top of the motor just behind the fly wheel, there should be a metal disc about the size of a quarter with numbers stamped into it, that is your model number and serial number. should be like a 35516. they like gas and they take a mix of 24:1, if you dont know when the water pump impellor was last changed, do that before starting it. they sell the manuals right here at marine engine.com, at the top of the page you will see a link. good luck and let us know how you do"

"Matt, Thank you so much!!!

"Matt, Thank you so much!!! I found the disc, and it happens to be a 35517. And thanks also about the hood being backwards, I forgot about putting on right one day when it was starting to downpour and put it on in a hurry.
proud.gif
}}"

"35517 is indeed a 1959 35hp E

"35517 is indeed a 1959 35hp Evinrude. Note that you can safely use the 50/1 mixture on that engine as the powerhead incorporates "all" needle, roller, and/or ball bearings."

"i just bought the same motor

"i just bought the same motor but am not certain on the exact year because it is missing the serial number tag-i think it is a 58-it has several numbers located on the powerhead-top of thermostat--305085,starter mounting--305084,and other numbers are:305369,305077,377267,located in various places--can anyone pinpoint the exact year for parts?the parts no.s on the carb and fuel pump are:377113,377114 thanks}}"

Back