Logo

Interior mildew problem

• Thread starter jeffrey k jones
  • Start date
J

jeffrey k jones

"My boat was under cover for a

"My boat was under cover for about 6 months and got alot of mildew on it's white interior.I used bleach and soap combinations with a scrub brush and got most of it off,but ther are still dark black stains left behind.If anyone knows of a way to get these out it would be appreciated."

A bit unorthodox but you may w

A bit unorthodox but you may want to try a bit of saddle soap (for horse saddles) - works well on oil stains on most of the fake leathers - may do the trick for ya...

"Jeff, This won't clean up

"Jeff, This won't clean up your mess, but if you have access to 110v power at the boat, do yourself a favor and buy an ozone generator. Open all the hatches, cupboards & lockers, put it on a timer if it doesn't have one. And let it kill the bugs while your away. Also consider a dehumidifer. Let it overflow to a sink or thru hull, any where out side the boat."

"This is unorthodox but Avon b

"This is unorthodox but Avon bubble bath cleans just about any stain I've thrown at it and is completley safe colour wise and stuff. Works on clothes,carpet you name it. I think I even cleaned an old oil stain off the concrete floor in the shop. Hate to know what it might do to your skin if you actually soak in it. (Just a side note I don't use it, a co-worker at work told my wife about it. I do have a manly rep. to up keep you know
lame.gif
)"

Back