Logo

Steering

wsx123

"I need advice on what type of

"I need advice on what type of Teleflex steering to buy. I have a 19 ft boat with a 140HP outboard.The steering froze up and I am looking at a teleflex ss132, ss137 or ss147, do I need the no feedback?"

132/137 are 3.0 turns lock to

132/137 are 3.0 turns lock to lock. both are rated for your power. the 147 is rated higher hp. 4.2 turns. (less effort) any would work. the 132 (nfb) would be more comfortable than the 137. the 147 is probably overkill on your boat.(and slower handling)

I managed to get the old telef

I managed to get the old teleflex cable out and the new one in. The new one is 3 feet longer than the old one-what do I do with the extra?

"Turns out the new one was 5 f

"Turns out the new one was 5 feet longer, I looped it inside the center console and it seems to work fine.
Next time I will measure the old one instead of relying on another's "I'm sure it will fit your boat""

"I could not read the numbers

"I could not read the numbers on the old one and I had to order the new one. Live and learn!
Thanks for the help. The one I ordered was 18 feet, I measured the old one and it was 13 feet.
It's hard to believe one of these can freeze up like that.
Now that I have a new one in, besides greasing at the tilt tube what else should I do to maintain this cable?"

"The steering works fine when

"The steering works fine when not moving, once the boat is moving the steering pretty much stays where you put it and steers hard. I tried trimming the motor up and down and it did not help. All grease fittings have fresh grease."

"NEED HELP!! I have a 1985 bl

"NEED HELP!! I have a 1985 bluewater that I cannot seem to get the upper helm station to work. I think it is air in the system, but it will not bleed out. Any help would be nice. It has a teleflex steering system with a helm pump at upper and lower stations."

Back